How many Medals have our Paddlers Won?
As part of project 21 we have set ourselves a target of getting 21 medal winners in 2021, so who has won medals so far this year?
Medals won in 2021
- 1. Aaron Nolan, has become our first medal winner of 2021, in the much delayed start to combative competition due to the Corona Virus Pandemic. Aaron took second place in the first event of the year any Langham Farm Slalom.
- 2. Aaron Nolan, was again amongst the medal winners, taking another second place spot at The Sharks @ Shepperton Slalom.
- 3. Joe Pawley took second Place in the Men’s Division 4 K1 event at The Sharks @ Shepperton Slalom.
- 4. Tasmeen Khatra came third in the Ladies’ K1 at The Sharks @ Shepperton Slalom
- 5. Nicole Dosanjh becomes our first winner of the year, taking first place in the Junior Ladies 6k Marathon at Royal Canoe Club.
- 6. Rick Moore took first place in the Veterans K1 Men’s event on the Saturday at the June Llandysul Slalom.
- 7. And again on the Sunday, Rick took first place.
Over a quarter of the way there
- 7. Aaron Nolan on his third Podium finish of the year, this time making it a first place at June Shepperton Slalom
- 8. Rick Moore was back with a first place finish in the Veteran’s K1 Men at the July Llandysul Slalom on the Saturday
- 9 And on the Sunday at the July Llandysul Slalom Rick took second place, Veteran K1 Men
- 10. Aaron Nolan takes gold in the Division 3 Llandysul August Slalom and gets himself promoted to Division 2, Well done Aaron first promotion of the year.
- 11. Also at Llandysul August event, Rick Moore, took another first place in the Veterans event, stretching his lead at the top of the table to 410 points.
Halfway to our target by the beginning of August is pretty good going since we had no competitions till May!
Three Quarters of the target
Target achieved 21medal winners in 2012, well done folks, are there more to come?
Full reports of all the races we have entered are available on our Race Reports Page, up and coming events are on our Calendar Page. If you want to win medals you need to take part, so do you fancy giving racing a go? It is fun and at entry level, nothing much is expected of you, so don’t be shy come along and give it a go. We race in four disciplines Marathon, Slalom, Sprint and Wild Water Racing, we do these across three sites at Harefield, NW10 (Harlesden/Park Royal) and in Southall. For more information give us a call on 07951 770241 or email: email@example.com.