Harlesden/Park Royal Sessions to start on Thursdays
In keeping with our plan to re-open post Covid-19 lockdown, we are now running sessions at NW1o at 4pm and 5pm on Thursdays.
Sessions will then run every Thursday at 4pm and 5pm for existing members, you will need to let us know if you are attending by noon on the day of the session.
We are opening our sessions within the strict Government guidelines and the advice of British Canoeing, that no more then six people attend (including one coach), so to ensure we do not breach the safety rules you can only paddle if you have booked in view email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by text to 07951 770241.
The meeting point is the container in the Disraeli Road Carpark, NW10 7AE, adjacent to the canal.
We are still developing the sessions and are running sessions every Thursday evening from 4pm in the Stonebridge Park Ward of the London Borough of Brent. We are next to the Beit el Zaytoun Restaurant in Park Royal, which is just a few minutes walk from Harlesden Station. So very easy to get to.
In order to participate you need to ensure the following rules are observed please:
- Booking in by noon on the day of the session by either text (07951 770241) or email: email@example.com. you will receive either a text or an email to confirm you have a place (we need to restrict to 5 members).
- Payment will be by bank transfer, we are trying to sort out card payments, bank details will be sent to you, the cost will be £5, sorry but for safety reasons we cannot deal in cash at the moment.
- Social distancing rules (being two metres apart need to be observed.
- The container will only be accessed by the coach, nobody else is to enter the container.
- Paddles need to be wiped down after use, we recommend you wipe them down prior to use.
- We strongly recommend you have hand sanitiser in your car and use it after the session (this is generally good practice anyway)
- Participant will be responsible for carry their own kit to and from the water and replacing the boats as directed afterwards.
- If you have any changes in your health which may be Covid-19 related (this includes any of the symptoms or coming into contact with anyone who is showing any of the symptoms, you must notify the Club as soon as possible by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is to ensure contact tracing and to protect everybody’s health.
- And as always please follow the instructions of the coach to ensure your safety.
We know this is a frustrating and difficult time but introducing these restrictions is essential to ensure your safety, the safety of our staff and other members. Thank you for your patience and support.
The NW10 site is used for a number of activities, from teaching, coaching and general recreation, it will form a significant hub in our Marathon Racing Team which we are planning to build up so that we can become a dominant force in the Country, we have the coaches, we have the kit, so cost is never a barrier to participation. All we need is you!